Student FAQs

Attending an unaccredited university/college will deny the authentication and the evaluation of your transcript and diploma. Here is the list of approved institutions link:
You have to withdraw/ during the Add/Drop period that the university specified. You must be committed to the courses you selected for each semester or quarter. You MUST maintain the minimum credit hours as required by the US immigration rules and regulations policy dictate that an undergraduate student is not allowed to register for less than 12 credits per a semester or 15 credits per a quarter. And, for the graduate not less than 9 credits per a semester or 12 credits per a quarter.
First find out why. Students can usually find out by checking their online school portal or by asking via phone or in-person. Holds may be placed for numerous reasons such as library fines, unpaid parking tickets, or unpaid tuition. If the reason you have a hold is because your tuition has not been paid, you must ask the following: Does the university have a valid Financial Guarantee Letter (FGL) for the current billing semester? Has a tuition bill already been mailed to the Cultural Attaché office? It is your responsibility to remember to check and see when the university needs a new FGL. Often, If you need a new FGL, please email your academic advisor and be prepared to provide the mailing address and/or fax number of the office where the letter should be sent.
Any scholarship student whose degree states that he gets a salary is entitled to salary. Monthly allowances/salaries are paid from the first month the student arrives in the United States or Canada until the time the student graduates.
The Attaché office tries to ensure that salaries are paid by the end of each month. However, regulations require only that students are paid no later than the first day of the month. Please note that the monthly allowances/salary will be paid to the student via Electronic Funds Transfer.
You will need to open a bank account with a local or convenient bank and provide your academic advisor with the appropriate bank information to allow for the Electronic Transfer of funds directly in the student’s bank account.
Notify your academic advisor upon any change in address or telephone number. If any correspondence or checks need to be mailed, they will be sent to the last address that was provided to your academic advisor.
Inform your Scholarship Academic Advisor at the Attaché office. Then contact the main Embassy at 202) 274-1603 for instructions on renewing your passport. All Qatari passports are issued in Doha; however, students can request a travel document to the Qatar for newborn children.
At the beginning of each semester, you should make sure you have sent your Academic Advisor a list of the courses you have registered for, along with the total credit hours and schedule of courses. At the end of the semester, please send your academic advisor an unofficial transcript of your grades.
Please contact your academic advisor at cultural attaché. We will have to study your case and get approval from your sponsor.
Online, distance learning, hybrid/blend, and correspondence courses must be completed at an approved of the Cultural Attaché Office.
You should attend the orientation session at your university/college on the date shown on your I-20 Form. It is recommended that students arrive to the US two weeks before a university/college's starting date.
Health insurance protects you financially in the event of an unexpected serious illness or injury that could be very expensive. In addition, you are more likely to get routine and preventive care if you have health insurance. Many schools require a waiver at the beginning of each term or each school year, so be sure to check periodically to make sure your waiver is still valid.

Please click here to fill the medial application form.